- Arakawa A. and Suarez M.J. 1983. Vertical differencing of the primitive equations in sigma coordinates. Monthly Weather Review, 111, 34–45.
- Ibrayev, R. Ozsoy, E. Schrum, C and Sur, H.I.2010. Seasonal variability of the Caspian
Sea three- dimensional circulation sea level and air-sea interaction. Ocean Science. No.
6, pp. 311- 329.
- Kaplin, P. 1995. The Caspian: Its past, present and future, p. 71-117. In A. F. Mandych [ed.], Enclosed seas and large lakes of eastern Europe and middle Asia. SPB, The Hague.
- Kara, A.B. Wallcraft Alan, J. and Metzer E.J.2010. Cunduz Murat, Impacts of freshwater on the seasonal variations of surface salinity and circulation in the Caspian Sea Continental Shelf Research. No. 30, pp. 1211-1225.
- Kosarev, A. N. and Yablonskaya, E. A. 1994. The Caspian Sea, SPB Academic Publishing.
- Kosarev, A. N. 1990. The Caspian Sea. Water structure and dynamics. Nauka, Moscow (in Russian).
- Kosarev, A. N. 1975.GidrologiyaKaspiiskogo i Aralskogomorey, Moscow University Press, Moscow, USSR.
Knysh, V.V. Ibrayev, R.A. Korotaev, G.K and Inyushina, N.V.2008. Seasonal variability of climate currents in the Caspian Sea reconstructed by assimilation of climatic temperature and salinity into the model of water circulation. Atmospheric and Oceanic Physics. Vol. 44, No. 2, pp. 236-249.
- Luyten, P.J. Jones, J.E. Proctor, R. Tabor, A. Tett, P. and Wild-Allen, K. 1999. COHERENS- A coupled hydrodynamical-ecological model for regional and shelf seas: user documentation, MUMM Rep. Management Unit of the Mathematical Models of the North Sea.
Mazaheri, S. Kamranzad, B. Hajivalie, F. 2013. Modification of 32 years ECMWF wind field using QuikSCAT data for wave hindcasting in Iranian Seas. J. Coastal Research, Special Issue No. pp. 344- 349.
Sur, H. I. Ozsoy, E. and Ibrayev, R. 1998. Satellite – Derived Flow Characteristics of the Caspian Sea, in: Satellites, Oceanography and Society, edited by: Halpern, D. Elsevier Science B. V. 289–297.
- Tuzhilkin, V. S. Kosarev, A.N. 2005. Thermohaline Structure and General Circulation of the Caspian Sea Waters, p 33-58. In A. G. Kostianov and A. N. Kosarev [editors], The Caspian Sea Environment (Handbook of Environmental Chemistry).
- Terziev, F.S. Kosarev, A.N. Kerimov, A.A. (Eds.), 1992. Hydrometeorology and Hydrochemistry of Seas. Caspian Sea, vol. Vl, Hydrometeorological Conditions, issue 1.S.Petersburg, Hydrometeoizdat, 359PP. (in Russian).